Thursday, August 11, 2011

To Potential Study Abroad Students:

In writing classes, the professors always stress the same sorts of things. Tools like proofreading, having a good hook, but most importantly...discover your audience.

So, in order to write this blog, I'd like to establish an audience. Other than my friends and family back home, I know that this blog is intended for potential study abroad travelers. And I'd like to say hello to those of you who may be considering traveling abroad for a semester.

Though I don't know exactly what's weighing your decision: be it insufficient funds, lack of necessary classes, or you're just plain scared to make that committment. All I can say, even without departing quite yet, is that the idea alone of going somewhere foreign for four months...by myself, is thrilling.

I mean, I don't really know what to expect. I've never left this continent. I don't speak Greek, save for a few, mumbled and gestured remarks. I haven't yet grasped the ten hour time change and the currency exchange. But I DO know that I've dreamt about traveling to Europe long before reading Dan Brown's DaVinci Code. And I DO know that God wants me in this exact place.

And I DO know that when asked, "If you could do anything in the world, what would you do?" I was actually able to say, "I'm doing it."

No comments:

Post a Comment