Sunday, October 2, 2011

Serenity in Santorini

Just got back from Santorini for the weekend. Words cannot describe how beautiful this island was... so I won't let them.

Waiting for the breath-taking sunset in Oia, Santorini

Swimming in the Volcano Crater after cliffjumping with my friend Kerri

Random, live Greek music and free pastries in Oia

the top of the hill on our 4 hour hike to Oia, with Lynne and Kerri

The beautiful Oia, Santorini

The hiking group at the castle in Oia

The awesome donkey I got to ride in Oia

The more I try to sum this weekend up into words, the more humbled I get by this experience. I can't even begin to verbalize how thankful, happy, and blessed I feel. There was so much beauty in everything I got to see and feel and hear and touch.

Saturday in Santorini was unmatchable. There was endorphins in the four mile hike I got to do. There was peace in the moments I got by myself. There was joy in the music I got to hear, the food I got to eat, and the donkeys I got to ride. There was beauty in the sunset I got to watch and the town I got to explore. There was adrenaline in the cliffjumping I got to do into the volcanic crater. There was love in the people I was with and the people that I met.

But most of all...there was gratitude.

There was humility.

At dinner, I was sitting and taking it all in. I realized that I had lived in the moment the entire day. I hadn't thought about anything other than what I was doing in each moment. It was something so simple, but I was so grateful for that.

I was so grateful for the freedom in only thinking of the present. Being in the present. Taking it all in. Step by step. Breathing in the smells. Seeing the details in the sights. Hearing each note of the music being played. Feeling each flower and drop of water. Tasting every bit of food. Embracing the love of everything and everyone around me.

Santorini was magical. I'm in a complete state of awe, humility, and gratitude for my experiences here. For my growing heart, spirit, and intellect. For the love I'm experiencing in so many different facets.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

That's all I can really say...though, it will never be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment