Thursday, September 29, 2011

Being in the Now

There's been a lot of talk about the psychological aspect of studying abroad among us students. Regardless of how beautiful the island or how fantastic of an opportunity, our minds are still going to be at war with themselves.

I miss laying on my couch at home. These teachers are fabulous and inspiring. I wish I could share this experience with my significant other. I'm getting an incredible amount of writing done, here. I want the comfort of being stupid with my best friends. I'm getting the chance to influence and be influenced by so many different personalities.

This constant battle in our heads. The push and pull of home and here. Dwelling on the future when we should be focusing on the present.

It's a common theme of conversation. It helps us deal with it. The talking about it.

But there's only so much organizing it in our heads that we can do. At some point we have to snap out of it and start living. Here. Luckily this realization coincides with our trip to Santorini. A long weekend of food, fun, and exploring will be good for living in the now.

I just hope that everybody makes it back to Paros in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment