Thursday, September 1, 2011

Bon Voyage

It's my last night at home, and you could cut the tension with a knife in the Niemeyer household. I wish that I could do more to make everyone feel content and happy, but there's not much else to say.

Cupcakes and Travel Journal at my Going Away Party

I love my family so much, it's ridiculous. My parents rock. All four of them. My siblings are crazy and totally abnormal, but those are my favorite things about them. I'm going to miss my sister so much. She's been like my shadow this entire summer, so it will be weird to not even be in the same time zone, let alone country.

My new luggage that my dad got me for Greece

I just got back from visiting my best friends.
Kathi Ray is a crazy nursing student who takes on the world and succeeds time after time. Staci is the sweetest, most genuine girl I've ever met. And she's Greek! Carly has the best vocabulary in the world, and she's a feisty, little soccer player. Alyie is the most beautiful person I know, and she makes me laugh endlessly. And Shane is most likely the best person I know and makes me feel comfortable, even when I'm having a mental breakdown about leaving for four months.

The harbor in San Diego that I'm going to miss so much

Saying goodbye to them was really difficult. Much more than anticipated. But thankfully they are supportive and as excited as I am for this adventure. I'm so lucky to have them in my life.

I finally packed up my bag today. And I printed out all my travel stuff. There's really not much else to do. Except wait; which I hate doing, by the way.

Until then, bon voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment